Saturday 29 October 2011

Yesterday, Friday. At lunch I went to the Curtain shop to get some more curtains. The young girl assistant I was heading back to give the PAC to but gave it to her boss in the street was there and an older lady who served me. After doing business I gave them each the PAC and said there was something very special about the Church and they could find out more using the card. It is sometimes hard to develop the conversation into a first discussion - belief in God, Apostasy, the need for a restoration, prophets/apostles, The Book of Mormon.

Later that afternoon however, an unexpected opportunity arose to do just this. I had hired a landscape gardener to clear the overgrown garden of the flat I had recently bought. He also does our garden once a month so knows me. He is quite a talkative brother, always with a questioning and interested in learning more attitude. We were about to depart when I said I was off past Lingfield "to the Temple." "Temple?" he asked, 2now that is something different. What do you mean by 'temple'? This all led to the plan of salvation, eternal marriage, apostate religions and priesthood. He was struck by the declaration of Apostles and prophets on the earth again and revelation from God. My car was parked nearby and I had a hardback copy of The Book of Mormon there. He accepted it, I wrote 3 Nephi 8+, Moroni 10:3-5, Joseph Smith Testimony and 1 Nephi as suggested reading. He said he would read it. I invited, he accepted. For me now to follow up. Drove off feeling great! Went to the Temple and did 17 names in initiatory.

Today, Saturday shopping in Bromley, there was a range of continental stalls down the High Street. I stopped at one selling good leather belts at a fraction the price, bought one and didn't hand over a PAC. Walking on I thought I should go back when I passed that way. 30 minutes later I went up to him, no customers, and said " Hi I was prompted to come back to you and share with you this card about a special church. Would you be interested. He was and took the card and I left him reading from it.

2 Carpet fitters got a card each after their work this afternoon at the flat. They left in a hurry - it was 6 pm on a Saturday, not because of the PAC! :-)

As I write I think that more can be done to engage these folk further in these situations. My next level of progression!

No comments:

Post a Comment