Saturday 22 October 2011

On Thursday I managed to give as gifts three hard copies of The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. These were to the three decorators who I had hired to decorate a flat. They had asked to do the job on Saturday and Sunday. I said I could not employ them because of my respect for the Lord's day. It looked as though they couldn't fit in with me. Then a couple of days later a phone call - they could do it Thursday and Friday! They did a great job. They knew my position. and that made it easier for me to feel they could accept such a gift with grace. I hope they read it!

Footnote. 1. I have made a Word document insert of suggested initial scriptures to read - this goes in all the Books of Mormon I give. These are 3 Nephi 11, Moroni 10:3-5, Joseph Smith Testimony, Introduction, 1 Nephi, Alma 32 and the testimonies of the 3 and 8 witnesses. Anyone have any better suggestions please do tell.
2. A tip I learned from John Smith is to buy boxes of hard back copies of The Book of Mormon. They add to the value of the message somehow. You order them direct from www.store.lds.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment