Saturday 11 February 2012



Today is Saturday - another week almost over and the usual weekly shop and chores to do.

First a stop off at the Bank to get a password reset.  I arrange a meeting with a young man who is an assistant manager, and we meet in his partitioned office area.  All goes well and a friendly relationship is struck up.  One of the questions in the password protocol is to put a favourite city name - 'Salt Lake City' I enter this and he sees.  Also a memorable name - 'Mormon', I decide, and enter this too.  These parts he sees, but other parts like the password are completely confidential to me. The business is soon concluded and he gives me a business card.  I get up to leave and remember myself as I store the card away in my wallet, get out a PAC and say,  'Well ,you probably guessed I am a Mormon!  let me give this card to you to help you find out more about this wonderful church that the Lord has reorganized on the Earth for a special purpose, that is not long in coming." "Thanks,"  says he, "that is interesting," and he accepts the PAC.

Later at the self-checkout of the supermarket, the young male attendant gives me my car park pass and I say to him with a PAC in my hand, " I may already have given you one of these.  Did I?"  "Yes," he says, "you did, but I really would like to follow this up further - thanks for the reminder."  I will see him next week hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment