Saturday 10 December 2011

Had a new PAC experience yesterday.  I was in Bromley High Sttreet and a Christian was handing out leaflets by the side of a display.  I smiled and said" I'll take yours if you take mine", and handed him the 'Joy to the World' PAC.  We soon got into conversation where I was able to testify that Christ is at the heart of our faith and that all are dependent on the Atonement for salvation. 
Chris was of the belief that all are saved completely with no distinction between rebellious and grave sinners compared to those who strive to live all the commandments of God. We discussed this a little further and the inconsistency of his own position became evident as he realised there was a law of justice that God was also subject to as free agency choices brings about particular consequences beyond resurrection.. 
In the end after 25 minutes of friendly discussion which included the need for a restoration and the authenticity of the Book of Mormon as a needed set of scriptures to provide a fullness of the gospel, Chris gave me his email address and an anti LDS pamphlet!  I could see that he was also realising that the stock position of his organisation re 'Mormons' was challenged because of what I was able to tell him. It probably will not go so far - but you never know, so I will be corresponding with him.  I will invite him along to a church meeting for sure!  Again it has been a pleasure to speak to various sales people as I give them the nativity 'Joy to the World' PAC.  I hope that other members are doing this too.

I invited to church next week at Welling, by email, the family renting a flat from me.  I await their reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment